Review - Change of Perception towards China-Made Tablets by A Malaysian Consumer




I had a very bad experience owning a 7" china made tablet called iRobot, a 286MB tablet. I bought it in Yiwu, China in early 2011. It gave me a very bad impression about china-made tablet since then. The screen was so blur and the battery was useless. I told all the people I know who were going to China, to forget about buying any iPhone or iPad look-a-like stuff from China. It's worst than a toy!

However, in early 2012, my sister bought a galaxy look-a-like tablet from Shenzen to my daughter. I scolded her for not listening to my advice wasting unnecessary money on those junks. She told me that was a very good tablet, commonly used by the Chinese, it was as good as Galaxy-tab. She bought it for RMB600. It was a tablet with A10 processor, 800x400 screen, 512M Rom, 0.3MP camera, etc., good enough for gaming, browsing the internet, skype, facebook and watching movies. The battery could last for at least 5 hours on wifi. 

I tested it and that really amazed me. It's called Ployer Momo9+ a 7 inch tablet. The screen was so sharp, long battery life and the browsing was so smooth (no lagging). It basically served my purpose. Ployer Momo9+ is totally a different tablet from the one I bought in Yiwu last year. From that day onward, I realized that China does produce high quality tablets. The technology has improved. Those days' 128MB or 286MB processors were not meant for tablet. To run a tablet, a 512MB processor is required especially if it were to run the latest Android OS - Ice Cream Sandwich OS. 

Now my family has 3 units of Ployer Tablets - 1 unit momo9+ for my daughter, 1 unit 7" momo9 III for my husband and a 9" momo9 star for myself. Altogether cost me less than RM1200, cheaper than buying one unit of iPad.

I strongly recommend Ployer Momo9 as an alternative to iPad or Galaxy Tab.  

By Sally Tan, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.

3 comments:

  1. Good Info on cheap tablet PC & computer. Your blog feature much of the same content that I have come to expect here.

    android tablet PC

    ReplyDelete
  2. China tablets are improving very fast especially now with the dual-core processor. It is equally good as the branded tablets. The only set back of the china tablets is the plastic screen instead of glass screen provided by the branded tablets. Glass is definitely sharper. I've tested the newly launched 7" Asus Memo Pad sold at USD149. This is the model created to fight the cheap china tablets. Overall is good but the speed is slower because of the single core processor. The LCD screen is clear. The main set back is there are a lot of apps not compatible unlike the china tablets can download most of the apps. In short, I still recommend the china tablets for the people with small budget. For those who have budget, go for iPad or Samsung Tab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As tablet computers are functional with the help of the special digital pen or stylus, the handwriting of a person becomes the input.
    Online Computer Hardware Store
    Top 10 wireless modem/routers

    ReplyDelete